> From:  Charlie Brady <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date:  Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:49:02 -0400 (EDT)
>

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Chris Garrigues wrote:
>
> >> From:  Chris Garrigues <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >> Date:  Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:27:42 -0500
> >> Any idea what's going on here?  It requires a -9 to kill the processes.
> > and then it hangs forever and requires a -9.
>
> Are you quite sure of that? What happens if you use a TERM or QUIT signal?
> Have you attached strace (or whatever syscall tracing tool is appropriate
> for your platform)?

I just confirmed it.  If I strace I just see that it's hanging on "read(0, ".

Since I hadn't diagnosed what was triggering it until just now, I didn't know
how to provide a test case.  Now that I do, I'll try to get a real strace.

> > Am I doing the wrong thing, is this a bug, or is there something odd about
> > my
> > system?
>
> Last time I looked the qpsmtpd timeout alarm only applied while parsing
> SMTP or while receiving messages, but not while plugins were executing. I
> haven't seen any discussion about possible fixes for that (but I haven't
> checked that it hasn't been fixed). That could explain qpsmtpd waiting
> forever, but wouldn't explain faulure to terminate on TERM and QUIT
> signals.

Note that it's no longer in my plugin at this point.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               710-B West 14th Street

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions
                Your Trusted Friends in Proactive IT.