On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 22:23,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Anyway, I think I've fixed it today. The latest plugin config file
> > uses the auth plugins, those plugins upon closer inspection say not to
> > use them in production. Anyway, the upshot is that any spammer can
> > relay if they login, as it were.
>
> And any spammer can login on your system?

That's my point. From what I can gather, the install of qpsmtpd from
trunk (at least from a few weeks ago) enables the authnull plugin
which authenticates anyone no matter what they type.
So in answer to your question, yes.

I only noticed that it was relaying because of the large queue to
addresses that didn't exist.

> > Perhaps the trunk plugin config should have them commented out, as this
> > is probably not what anyone wants.
>
> Most (maybe all) people who want auth want it so that those who can login
> are able to relay.

Most (maybe all) people who want auth want it so that not just any tom
dick or harry can log in.

I haven't posted this to criticise or for an argument. Only to record in
the archives for anyone else that happens to notice they can be a relay,
hopefully before their domain is blacklisted.

John