Hi,

I'm writing a qpsmtpd plugin for our custom spam filter. The plugin reads a couple of custom configuration files at startup. The config files may change at any time and I would like my plugin to pick up those changes automatically.

Now, I've tried to periodically check the timestamp of the files in my plugin and reload them if necessary but never got that to work. I've posted on this list before about that problem but got no replies (http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/2007/11/msg7501.html). Now I'm trying to come up with an alternative solution.

Is there any way I could tell a running qpsmtpd-forkserver instance (version 0.32) to reload its plugins without having to restart the process? I guess it would work to restart it entirely but it seems to me that it would be better to just have it reload the plugins so that any running connections don't have to be killed.

I'd be happy to upgrade to a newer qpsmtpd version if that is required or use a different daemon instead of forkserver if that would solve my problem.

Regards,
Niklas Therning
www.spamdrain.net