On 2007-12-06 15:41:48 +0100, Juerd Waalboer wrote:
[...]
> So it would make sense to rewrite bodies, and since qpsmtpd is at the
> gate already, I'd like to put the solution there. Nothing fancy, but it
> would need to support simple multipart messages.
>
> I couldn't find documentation about rewriting the body, and a quick look
> at the plugins showed no plugin that already does something like this.
>
> Is changing the message supported at all? Has anyone actually done it
> yet?

My old qpsmtpd tutorial
(http://www.hjp.at/projekte/qpsmtpd/tutorial.rxml) contains a plugin
which appends a signature to each message. So at least appending to a
message works. I do think that you can rewrite the whole body by simply
seeking to to the start of the body before calling
$transaction->body_write. Ah yes, $transaction->body_resetpos should do
the trick. Look in Qpsmstpd::Transaction for details.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | It took a genius to create [TeX],
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | and it takes a genius to maintain it.
__/   | http://www.hjp.at/ |    -- David Kastrup in comp.text.tex