Hello,

has anyone written a rcptto_vrfy plugin?

I set up a new mx in a hurry and now i am searching for a nice check_rcpt plugin. Actually i am using only the smtp_forward plugin which has two disadvantages:

- it checks _after_ queueing the whole mail.

- it rejects legitimate mails: If one sends mails to different users in the same domain with one correct and one incorrect address also the legitimate receiver will not get any mail as it is completely rejected.

I would appreciate a simple plugin that checks recipients via vrfy. Yes,
my next hop answers vrfy correctly.

Does anybody know something like this or has other suggestions? My Users
are homed as virtual users and aliases in a mysql db, but i prefer the vrfy way as it is more portable.

Jan