On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 22:30:50 +0000 (UTC),
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Looking at the wiki deployment page, it looks like I could be considering
> the apache or prefork versions. I'm leaning towards prefork - the page
> says it's faster, but there's no comparison between it and the apache
> version. Are there any substantial, meaningful differences between
> forkserver, apache, and prefork? I should be able to run either of the
> three, so how do I determine which would be best?

Apache's downside is simply that it requires Apache. In most other
aspects it's pretty good, including the fact that for free you get a
working server-status page listing current connections. I think the
performance of the Apache module is very slightly higher than prefork
simply because all the I/O happens in C.

> (I definitely want stable, so pollserver looks like it's out of the
> question. BTW, are there any guidelines on how to write async modules to
> ensure they work with pollserver?)

There are lots of bits and pieces that I've posted to this mailing
list. That's about all though :-/ Basically you just need an
understanding of how async programming works - from there everything
starts to become obvious.

Matt.