Hanno Hecker wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:23:05 +0200
Diego d'Ambra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Diego d'Ambra wrote:
Sending an email using tls plugin with qpsmtpd-prefork (revision 936)
will result in child exiting next time a client connects with:
Ugly fix is to "taste" if e.g. STDIN looks open just before child is
going to return to the idle pool - and if not then exit it. Very bad if
you only have TLS connections, since every child will terminate after
just 1 tour.

Something like...

---snip---
eval {
     fileno(STDIN);
};
Does it work if you just do
  eval { close STDIN; };
  eval { close STDOUT; };
without terminating the process?

Unfortunately not - the issue seems to be that SSL has "taken over I/O", so the magic is to reset the child's I/O or duplicate I/O before SSL starts messing with it.

I've not be able to find a way to do it and maybe the solution is something entirely different, e.g. found in the plugin handling TLS?

Best regards,
Diego d'Ambra