On Feb 10, 2009, at 3:54, Pedro Melo wrote:

What kind of disk space and bandwidth would this require?

The bandwidth is laughable, it totaled at 320 MiByte in December
and 280 MiByte in January. The months before it was somewhat more,
but never more than 1.2 GiByte. The files on disc are mere 38 MiByte.

Are these files hosted somewhere I can pull them? I would like to try and convert them to a ikiwiki.

The advantage is that we can use git to manage the ikiwiki and have offline access to it.

Yeah - I think I like this idea. We just need to figure out how we make it easy for $random_contributor to add stuff. Maybe just make a github repository with very lax access restrictions.

If it's just generated static files then I can easily host it, too. I think the servers I look after push out ~7TB a month[1]...

Michael, can you make a .tar.gz or some such of the wiki for Pedro to try to convert it?

 - ask

[1] Probably what Robert's employer does in a minute.  :-)