On Thu, 28 May 2009, Jared Johnson wrote:

orphaned child, pid: 1285 removed from memory at /usr/bin/qpsmtpd-prefork line 598.
[snip]

Is this expected behavior? Note that since we have some customizations to qpsmtpd-prefork and plenty of other forked code, I'm not necessarily ready to call this a QP bug rather than a bug in my own code. But I'm not sure what would cause these warnings to be generated, or even whether it's reasonable to assume they reflect any bug at all. Any ideas?

No I don't think it's normal. What are you doing in your plugins? Wasn't there some issue we uncovered a while ago to do with MySQL?

Matt.