On Apr 14, 2010, at 17:19, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Can anyone remember the reason that the spool files aren't proper temp files
> (deleted upon open)? We often end up with a hard restart of qpsmtpd and
> having these files left around is annoying...

Just to come up with a different explanation every 4 years:

I thought for supporting plugins that wants an "openable" filename to work on.

If that's not needed then we can change it or make it an option.  If we wanted
to be fancy then we could have a config hook of sorts in the plugins to allow
the plugins to specify that they need a filename for the temp files.

  - ask