On Tue, 14 Sep 2010, David Favor wrote:

The problem is two fold.

1) I could never get a straight answer about the correct
  configuration from the exim folks.

2) The config I have works for weeks to months, then develops
  odd (bitrot) challenges which seem to relate to DNS MX server
  changes in domains, which exim never senses.

  For example, message is queued and can't reach an MX record,
  then continually tries the bad MX record, never attempting
  to look up a new record.

I'm switching back to TipJar::MTA to do some testing.

What I require is a simple system, preferably perl based, so it's
fairly easy to understand + configure... that simply works... all
the time... no fuss, no muss.

OK... try my MrQueue stuff:

svn co svn://axkit.org/MrQueue

(axkit.org is having a bit of trouble resolving right now, so try "sergeant.org" if that doesn't work - same host).

Matt.