We should consider altering the list so that the default behavior of "reply" is
to reply to the list. Isn't that the "expected" behavior of mailing lists?  It
is for all the mailing lists I manage, as well as for every (except two)
mailing lists I've ever been subscribed to.

Is there some community I'm unaware of where replying to the individual on a
public list is the norm?

Matt