De : Michael Holzt [mailto:k...@fqdn.org]
Envoyé : jeudi 29 novembre 2012 01:09
À : qpsmtpd@perl.org
Objet : Re: postfix-queue taking a LONG time on large mails

> Anyone know what the reason for this might be? Is this a general problem
> of the postfix-queue plugin?

The postfix-queue plugin uses a socket to the cleanup daemon. I'm not
sure if the connection over the socket is slow (the cleanup daemon might
be slow reading data from it) or if there is some additional processing
which takes time.

An alternative path would be to drop the mail into the postdrop queue
and the notify the pickup-daemon. This would have the advantage that
qpsmtpd would not need to wait for an answer. A disavantage would be
that if something goes wrong after putting the mail in the queue (e.g.
pickup-daemon not accepting it), it would not reflect on the SMTP
return code. Another (minor) disavantage would be that doing it this
way, Postfix would insert another Received-Line (but who cares).

I have just written a very stupid queue plugin which uses
Mail::Postfix::Postdrop to inject the mail. Interestingly enough it
seems that the code from our Postfix-queue Plugin was copied from
there (we e.g. have a comment which still talks about speaking to
the pickup daemon).

I tested my plugin and while it still took 16 seconds to queue the
mail (10 MB attachemnet) , this is certainly much better than the
more than two minutes of the current queue plugin.

Therefore I suggest that we change either the current plugin (which
for reasons unknown to me uses a library which was made directly
part of qpsmtpd) or add a second one (the internal library would need
to be slightly modified).

Regards
Michael