> On Sep 23, 2015, at 5:17 PM, René J. V. Bertin <rjvber...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Ziller Eike wrote:
>
>> Yes, it behaves like splitting, just opening a new window.
>
> Makes sense, I guess. It would probably make less sense when opening a
> not-yet-
> opened document directly in a new window, esp. not if that ever becomes an
> optional default behaviour. In that case it would conflict with the
> possibility
> to keep the main window for the navigator and (maximised) output panels.

Adding a “Move to New Window” action to the window/split menu, and opening
documents in a new window and not in the main window, should be easy to
implement.

>> A .ui file is just another way for setting what kind of layout some UI should
>> use, but that is independent from whether that layout is dynamically taking
>> font sizes into account or not.
>
> So setting the font via the .ui file (using the Designer or otherwise) never
> has
> the effect one might expect?

It sets the font. That’s what I’d expect. If widgets and layouts that are used
within the .ui file adapt in the desired way to that, depends on the used
layouts. The desired way of course depends on what the one designing the UI
wants, of course.

>> It means that Qt Creator was quitting while these processes where still
>
> Why yes, that's fairly obvious. What's much less obvious is why it would quit
> almost as soon as I start it, before I even see a window.
> I'd use a debugger to break on the location where the QProcess error is
> printed,
> but the issue has been unpredictable until now, and it would require me to
> rebuild at least QtBase with LTO (which apparently produces shared libraries
> without debug information on OS X).

The process error in the app output is most probably not the reason for Qt
Creator quitting, but a symptom of it.

--
Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer - The Qt Company GmbH

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B