> On Nov 13, 2015, at 14:06, Typz <thet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I also preferred the old position on the left. As far as I understand, it was
> removed to allow completely hiding the whole shortcut bar...
>
> Maybe it would be acceptable to keep the 'overall' build status on the right
> side, but move the details tooltip in the left bar (I.e.same as older
> versions) when it is displayed?

Other reasons for moving the progress information were that it was impossible
to use labels longer than a very short word (so you’d never know if it was
“Indexing C++” or “Indexing Documentation”, or “Indexing QML”), and that space
was also limited very much vertically because it all must fit between mode
icons and build/run related tool buttons.

Br, Eike

> On 13 nov. 2015, at 13:45, NIkolai Marchenko <enmarantis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, you could, theoretically, show it in a popup window so that that it is
>> above all the other stuff that pops up before it.
>>
>> Also, which panel do you suggest I move? I am not sure what you mean.
>> I'd actually perfer it was possible to move the build status panel....
>>
>> What was the problem with the old position anyway? It was perfectly fine and
>> visible on the left bar of the app.
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 3:38 PM, Tobias Hunger <tobias.hun...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 11:51 AM, NIkolai Marchenko
>> <enmarantis...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > A while ago build status indicator was moved from the left side to the
>> > lower
>> > right corner.
>> > Where it is now, it is, more often than not, hidden behind notifications
>> > from messaging applications and it is imposible to see build status and if
>> > there are errors without either reading aforementioned indications or
>> > skipping them, which is severely inconvenient.
>> >
>> > At least for me, this corner is constantly overlayed by skype + slack +
>> > telegram which makes for some frustrating builds.
>>
>> Obvious work-arounds of course include moving the panel (most UIs
>> support that) or making the Qt Creator window smaller.
>>
>> Where would you suggest to move the progress bar to? We need a spot
>> wider than the few pixels in the mode bar, easily visible at all
>> times, and we of course do not want to reduce the space dedicated to
>> displaying the source code.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Tobias

Eike Ziller, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B