> On 6. Mar 2020, at 15:15, Vidhya Arun <svidhyap...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello All
>
> I am creating a plugin for ascii doc preview for which I need to create a
> splitView in the EditorManager.
> My idea is to create a plainTextEdit in one side of Editor and a previewer in
> the other split.
>
> Are there any methods exposed directly from TextEditor or EditorManager
> plugin to create this split view (The split Side by side functionality that
> we are able to do it manually in QtCreator editor is what am trying to call
> programatically )

The only options that you have programmatically are
"EditorManager::openEditor(filename, Id(), EditorManager::OpenInOtherSplit)”
(opens document in “next” split view, creates split view if there is none yet),
and possibly "EditorManager::openEditor(....,
EditorManager::SwitchSplitIfAlreadyVisible)", which does not open the document
in the current view, if it is already visible in a different view.
Otherwise splits are currently not exposed to the outside.

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10
D-12489 Berlin
eike.zil...@qt.io
http://qt.io
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi,
Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin, Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB
144331 B