Eike Ziller <eike.zil...@qt.io> wrote in
news:212b35ca-d6aa-42e7-9a2c-7d35b672e...@qt.io:

> Do you have the ClangFormat plugin turned on?
> I can reproduce your issue when that is on. Seems to be a conflict
> between ClangFormat style settings and our internal style settings.

Thanks, that was the cause.  The plugin was disabled in Creator 4, and if I
enable it, the MyStyle configuration stuff isn't even visible.  I just
updated my laptop from 4 to 8 and that didn't enable ClangFormat, so I must
have done it myslf.  (I fiddled with the various clang plugin settings
because I was getting errors about the backend not starting. That's why I
did the Creator upgrade, which fixed the problem.)

Bottom line, I disabled ClangFormat and style settings are retained as
expected.