Am 11.05.2023 um 22:35 schrieb Björn Schäpers:
Hi there,

I recently got a new machine at work, sadly with a new(ly configured) anti virus software. And the performance of QtCreator when editing went down. I thought the anti virus was to blame (in a way it is, because if it's deactivated everything is fine again),

[...]

When I click into another editor (split view) or press F4 I've to wait about 3 seconds before I can continue to work.

Kind regards,
Björn.
While this is being worked on (and I tried that patch) I discovered my delay comes from somewhere else. A little bit (de-)activating plugins to see who is to blame I can say my main delay is produced by the lambda "setupBlameForEditor" in GitPluginPrivate::steupInstantBlame.

I put some qDebug timings in that function, the call to GitClient::instance()->getAuthor(workingDirectory) takes something between 1.1 and 1.4 seconds, and in the end the call to instantBlame() takes another 1.2 to 1.3 seconds.

While I still try to convince my IT department that tools like git are not dangerous and should not be delayed by the anti virus, for now I disable the git plugin. But it would be nice if maybe this code could run on a different thread so that it doesn't block the main loop.

Björn.