On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 4:32 PM, Jonathan Arnold <jdarn...@buddydog.org>wrote:

> I like the way Visual Studio does it. There's an option to always reload
> externally modified files, but even then, if the file has been modified in
> VS, it will ask if you want to lose your changes by reloading the file. As
> Emacs does something very similar, I think it is the right way to go:)
>
> I too am looking forward to this change. This would give me a pretty
> seamless
> way to use Emacs as my editor, thus reducing, although not removing
> entirely,
> my least favorite aspect of Qt Creator. I know there was some talk in the
> mailing list (or forum?) about an Emacs keymap, which would be even better.

The "Ask only with unsaved changes" will work like that. As long as you
haven't
modified the files locally in qt-creator, they'll be reloaded seamlessly.

I'm a long time emacs user too. My secret plan is to add more and more emacs

like functionality to qt-creator, as soon as I can learn to properly format
patches
just the way the trolls like them in gitorious. ;-)

-henrik