Hi,

in your plugin's pro file, you need to set a variable IDE_BUILD_TREE
to the location of the creator build directory before including src/
qtcreatorplugin.pri. Your plugin library will then end up at the
correct place in Qt Creator\s build directory.

E.g. assuming
~/dev/qt-creator
~/dev/qt-creator-build
~/dev/myplugin/myplugin.pro

in myplugin.pro you should set
IDE_BUILD_TREE=$$PWD/../qt-creator-build
include(../qt-creator/src/qtcreatorplugin.pri)

To make that more flexible you should consider reading the directories
from environment variables, though, e.g.

IDE_BUILD_TREE=$$(QTC_BUILD)
include($$(QTC_SOURCE)/src/qtcreatorplugin.pri)

and then set the environment variables QTC_BUILD and QTC_SOURCE
correspondingly before running qmake.

++ Eike

On Aug 24, 2009, at 7:52 AM, ext Prashanth Udupa wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am learning to write plugins for Qt Creator. I am now able to write
> plugins and build them from within the source tree (meaning my plugin
> code is in src/plugins directory and I modify src/plugins/plugins.pro
> to build my plugin along with others).
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to have plugin (custom ones that I
> write) sources located outside the Qt Creator source tree and build it
> from there. I am trying to figure it out by trial and error, but it
> would be of great help if someone can give me some hints.
>
> Thanks,
> Prashanth

Eike Ziller
Software Engineer