On Oct 27, 2009, at 5:15 PM, ext Bravo.Alex wrote:

>> When you run your tests, you'd have the whole application debug log
>> in
> the application output pane, and a collection of the issues in the
> "issues" pane.
>
> In order to easily parse QTestLib output, it's better to have it in
> XML format.
> But then outputting XML in Application Output is not going to be
> very useful.
>
> In my opinion it's strange to present some info in one pane and
> other info in another.
>
> What's wrong with taking the whole XML output and presenting it in
> one consistent way in one place?

Well, I can't talk much about how QTestLib XML output works, because
I've no idea. I suppose that tests could produce qDebug output, or
qWarnings originating from Qt, and whatever dumped information, that
are not only "Test XYZ failed at location foo" (or succeeded).

What's the principal difference to compilation? There we have the full
output of the compile process in one pane (Compile Output, allowing to
inspect the inner workings to track down problems) and the collection
of parsed issues in another (Build Issues, for easy interaction).

++ Eike