Hello,

The first suggestion is the following. I use tiddlywiki which is a wiki self contained in a single html file. I use it to store my todo, software manual, howto information. A double click on it opens the wiki in my prefered browser and allows me to edit it. I would be nice if it was possible to add an html file to a Qt project, or project subfolder, so that double clicking it would open a WebKit window (as QtDesigner does) and allow me to view and eventually edit the html file content.

The second suggestion, would be to allow to add the binding between a type of file and a specific editor/viewer. When this type of file is added to the project, a double click on it would start the corresponding editor/viewer. I guess the editor/viewer would be added as a plugin. The kind of editor/viewers that would be interesting are a binary hex file editor, image editor, sound editor, video editor, etc.

I met the following problem with Qt Creator 4.5. My current project is big, so I use subfolders and pri files which works well. Each of these subfolders group the model view controller classes of a particular functionality of my system. When I start a new project, I simply add symbolic links (unix) to the wiget folder and the include instruction in the .pro file and thats it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add a simple text file in the .pri file. It is ignored. .txt files can only be added in the .pro file. I use it to track my todos. Though I would prefer to use tiddlywiki files instead of text files. It would also be used as manual or logbok. Unfortunately the tddlywiki are big files, ~350KB. A pluggin could hold a single copy of all the java script code so that the file contains only the user data. But the principle is great.

--
Ch. Meessen