On Nov 23, 2009, at 5:52 PM, ext Salvatore Rinaldo wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Which file does Qt Creator read when trying to recognise the list of
> available Qt installations at start-up?
>
> I'll try to explain my situation:
>       • install qt creator and qt for symbian, path to the latter c:\qt
> \4.6.0-beta
>       • work with qt creator and the symbian emulator
>       • uninstall qt and install qt 4.6 release candidate , path c:\qt
> \4.6.0
> I start qt creator 1.3 rc and it still comes up with c:\qt\4.6.0-
> beta as path to a qt installation and i can't remove this
> entry because it's the automatically recognised one. Of course I
> could create manual entries but I would like to
> understand where qt creator is getting c:\qt\4.6.0-beta from.
>
> Just to confirm, the environment variable Path has been updated, and
> so has QTDIR. There is nothing I can see
> that is still pointing to the old path. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Hi,
a screenshot would maybe help us to see what your problem is.
There are different auto-detected Qt versions.
There is the one labeled "Qt in PATH", which takes the first qmake.exe
that is found in the PATH variable.
Then there are auto-detected Qt versions for installed Symbian SDKs.
In the Qt->S60 SDKs preference page you can see what SDKs are
detected, and which Qt is installed *in this SDK*. Basically, the auto-
detected looks for a QtCore.dll in epoc32/release/winscw/udeb and
parses what Qt path that refers to. So, when updating Qt, you need to
install the new Qt libraries into the Symbian SDK.

Regards,
--
Eike Ziller
Software Engineer