Tell me more about your build environment. What OS/distro? What
version of Qt, what version of Qt Creator?

Two side notes: First, qmake -project should only be run once, to give
you a basic .pro file, and never again; you should modify the .pro
file it gives you. Second, you only have to pass a filename to qmake
if you have more than one .pro file in the directory.

/s/ Adam