Hi,

On Nov 26, 2009, at 12:57 AM, ext Phil wrote:

> Thank you for reading this.
>
> Not being able to leave well enough alone, I foolishly upgraded a
> perfectly
> working version of Qt-creater 1.1.0 to the latest version 1.2.1

Where did you get it from? Your distribution, or the binary packages
on qt.nokia.com?
And where did you install it, if you got a binary package from
qt.nokia.com?

> which does
> not work because of:
>
> qtcreator: symbol lookup error:
> /usr/lib/qt4/plugins/Nokia/libProjectExplorer.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN4Core5Utils15ParameterActionC1ERK7QStringS4_NS1_12EnablingModeEP7QObject

This libProjectExplorer.so looks as if that comes from your linux
distribution.
So if you downloaded the binary packages from qt.nokia.com, that would
mean that the wrong Qt Creator plugin is pulled in.
If you installed Qt Creator through your linux distribution, the error
message would mean that a wrong libUtils (a Qt Creator library) is
pulled in.

> A Google search shows that a bug report has been raised but without
> any
> mention of a fix as yet.

Where do you read that?

--