Hi Pratik,

first of all, for such things it's probably better to consult the Qt
Interest mailing list (see lists.trolltech.com), since this lists
focusses on Qt Creator development. The SDK is so far not compiled
with Phonon support. Phonon is the Multimedia abstraction layer which
uses the operating systems native backend.

For Linux, there are two backends: GStreamer and Xine. So far, it has
been problematic to ship a Qt with Phonon enabled on linux, due to
binary compatibility issues. So for now you will have to recompile Qt
yourself (and have the gstreamer or xine development libraries
installed) to get multimedia working. With the upcoming Qt SDK
however, we will attempt to ship a backend for gstreamer. This should
work on most distributions, but may fail due to binary compatiblity
issues in some cases.

Cheers,
   Daniel

--
Daniel Molkentin, Software Engineer,
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori