Qt Creator is a very young program. It's still under development and
it's not really "complete" yet even if it's very nice and very usable.
You don't have to use Creator to develop Qt software.

Qt itself should be pretty solid, aside from some idiosyncrasies in
the build system.

The issues here with trying to work with VC++ are simply reflecting
the fact that Creator (and Qt) are primarily designed to work with g++
and gdb, so using a different compiler and debugger is venturing out
of the "it just works" department into "it's possible" territory.

Note that I'm not suggesting you give up. ;) Keep trying and we'll try
to help you out.

/s/ Adam