On Jan 6, 2010, at 4:45 PM, ext Coda Highland wrote:

> No, I mean your chosen Qt mkspec. The default is usually something
> like linux-g++ or macx-g++ or win32-msvc or something; there's also
> linux-icc, macx-icc, and win32-icc that will use icc as the C/C++
> compiler. I will note that these aren't "officially" supported as far
> as I know so you're sort of operating at your own risk.
>
> Unfortunately I don't know how to select a different makespec in
> Creator

You can do it in Qt Creator by passing "-spec yourspecialmkspec" as "additional
arguments" to the qmake spec in your project's build configuration(s). That
will override the default. The binary compatibility comment below still holds
of course.

> (though if you poke around in the Qt Versions preferences pane
> or the Project view you can see the makespec it's using). It should
> work, though, if you build Qt using that spec as default (that is,
> pass "-spec macx-icc" to Qt's configure). Building your Qt project at
> the command line you can try "qmake -spec macx-icc" -- do note that
> I'm not sure that icc and gcc are binary-compatible so this may or may
> not work with a standard Qt build.
>
> /s/ Adam
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:05 AM, Danny Price <deepblue...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> makespec? Do you mean a compiler flag? Do you know the flags in question?
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Coda Highland <c...@bobandgeorge.com> wrote:

>>> It's possible by setting the appropriate makespec. Creator won't
>>> syntax highlight C++0x constructions and may flag some as errors, but
>>> if your compiler has support it will build.
>>>
>>> /s/ Adam

Eike Ziller
Software Engineer
Nokia, Qt Development Frameworks

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori