Hi there,

In our department we are using QtCreator. Our VCS is git.
It would be very handy to be able to display the available branches so that
they are visible all the time.
At the moment it is only possible to list the branches via: "Extras -> git ->
branches".

My suggestion is to add another "Navigation Widget" to the left panel where the
project explorer etc. lives.
In this widget you could display the branches as a checkable list.
This would have the advantage to see at once on which branch you are developing
right now. It could even be used to checkout a desired branch via a single
mouse click.

The advantage of using a "Navigation Widget" would be that it is optional for
every user to use it or not.

What do you think?

Regards,
Markus