On Feb 16, 2010, at 3:34 PM, ext Stephen Chu wrote:

> In article <hlc1e1$eb...@eple.troll.no>,
> Stephen Chu <step...@ju-ju.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2/15/2010 6:15 AM, Eike Ziller wrote:
>>> Hi,

>>> The Qt binary distribution contains both "debug" and "release" variants of
>>> the libraries.
>>> But you have to explicitly tell the runtime linker that you want to use the
>>> debug libs - using release libs is the default, even if your application is
>>> compiled as "debug".
>>> If you use a qmake / pro-file based project in Qt Creator you can set a
>>> flag in your run configuration, in Projects mode, in the run configuration
>>> select "Use debug version of frameworks".
>>> For more detailed information about debugging on the Mac, the corresponding
>>> Apple documentation page is an interesting read:
>>> http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/technotes/tn2004/tn2124.html
>>>
>>> Please also note that Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6) has a bug, that can be
>>> worked around like described here:
>>> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-4962
>>>

>> Thanks for the help. I will try that once I have access to my Mac at
>> work on Tuesday.
>>
>> Any plan on making this automatic?
>
> OK. That doesn't work. The attached screenshot was taken with a project
> with "Use debug version of frameworks (DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIC=_debug)" and
> the latest Creator 1.3.8 snapshot.

Sorry, I can't see your screenshot, it's attached as text.

++ Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori