Hi,

> I'm currently trying to debug remotely an application through gdb using
> Qt Creator. Majo had the same issue previously
> (http://www.mail-archive.com/qt-creator@trolltech.com/msg02532.html) but
> I don't know what was its final results.

> State of the art :
>
> I've gdbserver on my device and gdb on my host.
> Gdb is configured into Qt Creator (Tools>Options>Debug>Gdb) without gdb
> startup script.
> My application is built using the right compiler (out of Qt Creator)
> My application is on the device.

> Procedure :
>
> I launch my application using gdbserver on the device : gdbserver
> host:port ./application
> I start debugging using gdb in Qt Creator : Debug>Start Debugging>Start
> and attach to remote application (using i386 option)

The architecture should match your target, i.e. arm. (Shouldn't matter though,
since your cross-debugger doesn't not support i386 anyway.)
Also, have you set the sysroot?
And which version of Creator are you using?

> Log on the device console :

[ ... ]

>  >&"/lib/ld-linux.so.3: No such file or directory.\n"

This looks to be the main problem. Again: Have you set the correct sysroot?

> Questions :
>
> 1 - Gdbserver is logging an error : "gdbserver: error initializing
> thread_db library: version mismatch between libthread_db and libpthread"
> and I have not this error when I'm debugging remotely without Qt
> Creator. I guess it is due to commands sent by Qt creator to gdb. How
> can we configure the commands sent by Qt Creator to gdb/gdbserver ?

Which commands do you send to gdb when manually debugging?

> 2 - What is the purpose of gdb startup file and gdbserver startup file ?
> What is the syntax ?

It's an sh script intended for doing preparations on the server side, like
copying your program or starting gdbserver. See the email you referenced above
for an example.

>  If you are not the intended addressee of this
>  message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.

How do I know if I'm the intended addressee? Anyway, you are hereby informed
that I received this message.

Christian