Hi Friedemann,

>> This probably originates from Qt Designer trying to load a phonon
plugin. Try to remove
opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/plugins/designer/libphononwidgets.so and clear
the environment variable QT_PLUGIN_PATH.  If it still doesn't work, try
to put
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/bin as the first directory in the PATH.  <<

Well, I can now open designer from creator. I did have to put
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/bin as the first directory in the PATH to finally
get it going.

However, I still have exactly the same problem in that the
librwlineeditplugin.so file does not get put in the plugins directory.
Again, I can manually copy the file to /opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/plugins,
but I still get the same sorts of errors:

/home/robertw/Software/Qt4/Qt4Test/ui_mainwindow.h:53: undefined
reference to `rwLineEdit::rwLineEdit(QWidget*)'

I should mention that I do have permissions for the sdk install directory.

Just in case it's of interest:

printenv QT_INSTALL_PLUGINS
/opt/qtsdk-2010.02/qt/plugins

I am not really convinced I had the wrong designer last time from the
repository anyway, because both designer and creator were 4.6.1.

I should maybe mention that I have successfully subclassed things like
QPushButton and coded them into programs successfully, it's just getting
this integration with Qt Designer that is proving elusive!

Yours frustratedly. :~)

Rob