On Wednesday 10 March 2010 19:15:55 Eric Anderson wrote:
> [....]
>
> The problem that I am having is with project management.  I'm working
> through the example projects but I'm not seeing how to copy projects, or
> relocate them.  I need to come up with a system that will allow many
> similar projects to not interfere with each other, and promote ease of
> relocation as the projects are moved from machine to machine.
>
> Suggestions, anecdotes of experience, and pointers to specific
> documentation sections or books on QT will be greatly appreciated.

Probably the simplest way to keep track of different projects is to give your
students a copy of the same folder (containing the assignment) with different
names of the .pro file (like "Test-0001.pro", "Test-0002.pro", ... "Test-
NNNN.pro").

You can keep the mapping from the "project number" to the student.

Or just give them the same copy, the mapping list, and tell them to rename the
.pro "project file" into "prefix-UID.pro" and the folder into "prefix-UID".

A qt project is "relocatable" with QtCreator, just be sure to do a "Build >
Clean All" and "Build > Run qmake" when moving the project folder.

If you are going to use a versioning system, like svn (maybe easier for first
timers) or git, keep in mind that it may be easier for the students to
download, and you already have the whole subfolders structure in place, but
the students may "peek" into each other's folder ;-)

Enrico

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP
autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Apri subito Conto Arancio e ricevi 50 Euro di buoni acquisti da spendere
presso Media World!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=10032&d=11-3