Hi Daniel:

Thank you for your reply. I will do as you suggested on my Mac (Snow
Leopard) installation.

On a similar note, I tried to compile Qt-4.7.0 (same master branch) on a
system running RHEL5, and the compilation goes well up to the demos,
where for some reason it throws a link error saying that it cannot find
"-lQtAssistantClient" (?). It should link, but it doesn't, as though it
cannot find that library. I tried  several times, but then again,
playing around with the bleeding edge has its caveats...

At the end, I opted for checking the Qt website, found the 4.7.0-tp
tarball, downloaded it, and it compiled and installed as usual. Just now
I finished compiling QtCreator 2.0 under that system after installing
the stock Qt-4.7.0 from the source tarball. It worked this time :-)

Notwithstanding, I will try your suggestion anyway, as having the git
repo version makes it easier to keep up to date.

Thank you again,
Victor