(this discussion applies to qt-creator git master)

I'm trying to contribute to qt creator by trying to implement a new
"target" (in addition to "Desktop", "Maemo", "Symbian"). For the
purposes of this excercise, let's call it "scratchbox" - it would not
execute qmake directly, but a series of magical incantations to build
the code in scratchbox (and in case of run settings, run it).

[Yes, I know about madde, no need to point that out]

I added the target information to qt4projectmanagerconstants.h,
qt4target.cpp and qtversionmanager.cpp.

So far so good; I can already see the target I created, but now I'm
wondering how to make that target do something useful. What I'd need
is:

- Custom build / run settings pane in "projects" tab. By looking at
the code, it would seem I would need to create a new project type
instead of just a new target.

- Custom behavior. Am I mistaken in my idea that all I can do in Qt4
project type is to control the qt version, which would basically
amount to specifying qmake path? I'd like to execute completely custom
code when this particular target ("scratchbox") is active.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio