Definitely an issue here. I created a C++ project and added CONFIG += console
to the pro file. The following does NOT print to the console until after main
returns (as shown with a breakpoint)

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
        std::cout << "test";
        return 0;
}

However if I add cout.flush() before the return, the output appears:

#include <iostream>
int main()
{
        std::cout << "test";
        std::cout.flush();
        return 0;
}

The CONFIG += console line appears to have NO EFFECT. This must be a recent
regression because I'm sure this used to work. I've not been able to get it to
work at all with <stdio.h> as I think it lacks a standard function to flush the
buffer.