Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your comments.

Although you and I may not be on the same platform, so my comment may be
irrelevant, I'm not at all used to seeing tooltips when I hover my mouse over a
menu item.  The tooltip property may be for when the action is incarnated as a
toolbar item, for instance.  Then, I'd expect a tooltip.  Did you try that?

It may not be standard UI.  I am on Red Hat Enterprise Linux.  I am puzzled
because I have made some Qt apps in which the menu item tooltips work and
others that do not. When I go look at the code, I cannot figure out what the
difference is and why one app works and the other does not.

-Ed

Nathan