On 06/15/2010 12:40 PM, ext Victor Sardina wrote:
> In addition, what QtCreator branch should I compile? I keep resorting to
> 2.0, but have noticed that master has much more commits pushed to it,
> and faster as well?

There are three main interesting branches atm:

2.0.0:  To become the 2.0.0 release soon
2.0:    To become the 2.1 release together with Qt 4.7.0
master: To become the 2.2 release

You can read some of the rationale in the recent release schedule blog
from Eike:

http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010/06/09/updated-release-schedule-for-qt-47-qt-creator-20-and-qt-creator-21/

The 2.0 branch basically only receives bugfixes, some of which are
cherry-picked into the 2.0.0 release branch. All new feature development
is happening on master. Since the 2.0.0 release is almost ready, many
developers have moved on feature development on master. So master is a
lot more active as far as commits are concerned, but can also be
expected to be broken in some ways.

Conclusion: at the moment, you'd generally compile 2.0 branch if you
want to use Qt Creator, and compile master if you want to develop Qt
Creator or provide early feedback.

Regards,
Bjørn

--