This is actually the Qt-creator mailing list, not the Qt mailing list.  But
I'll answer your question anyway.  In the future, though, ask Qt questions over
there.  (It's called "qt-interest" and shows up if you search for that term.)

The QString::toDouble() method does not throw an exception if it gets text
that's not a double.  Instead, it has the "ok" parameter to let you know that
information.  See the documentation (inside Qt-creator!) for
QString::toDouble() to see how to use the ok parameter to do your test, instead
of try-catch.

But yes, the very fact that your code compiled tells you that C++ (and hence
Qt) support try-catch structures.

Nathan