On 27.09.2010 05:50, ext anshul mehta wrote:
> I'll be waiting for a working snapshot to try out your fix.But please
> note the comment made by Bryce schober below.
> I agree with him that by adding support of enviornmental variables in
> .user file we are actually making it shareable.

No, this change does not make a .user-file shareable! It helps a bit,
but it is not the solution to the problem. Especially Qt versions used,
etc. are not portable. It might actually work rather well for generic
projects though.

> But I guess our ultimate
> requirement should be move build/run settings out of the .user file so
> that we can share it on CVS. Comments ?

Why do you want to share build-/deploy-/runconfigurations? Those are
inherently environment specific.

YOu are using generic projects, aren't you? Some way to enable those
projects to provide more information so that some build- and
runconfigurations can be auto-setup would be nice to have.

Best Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Hunger
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori