On 9/24/2010 1:57 PM, Melo Leandro (Nokia-MS/Berlin) wrote:
> On 9/24/2010 11:28 AM, ext Robert Caldecott wrote:
>
>> I am working on a large project that contains some .cpp files with the
>> same name (in separate sub folders obviously).  The issue I have is
>> setting a breakpoint in one of those files confuses Qt Creator and
>> stops at the same line number in the wrong file.  For example, if my
>> project contains \subfolder1\foo.cpp and subfolder2\foo.cpp and I set
>> a breakpoint at line 10 in \subfolder2\foo.cpp it actually stops at
>> line 10 in \subfolder1\foo.cpp.
>>
>> The naming of these .cpp files is out of my control sadly.  Is this a
>> known issue and can it be worked around?  I am using CDB and Qt
>> Creator 2.0.1.
>>

> I guess your issue is pretty much the same as the one in this report:
> http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-505. Perhaps you
> could check Qt Creator master?

Actually, the Use Full Path option in Qt Creator might not be enough. It
looks like this is a CDB issue. I could reproduce the same behavior by
running CDB and setting the breakpoints from the command-line.

Regards,
Leandro.

--
Leandro T. C. Melo
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori