On 10/6/2010 3:48 PM, ext Stephen Chu wrote:
> On 10/1/10 4:11 PM, kai.koe...@nokia.com wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> it's true that qmldumper tool requires private headers from Qt being
>> installed. This is of course unfortunate, because 'make install' doesn't
>> copy them into the install directory ... that is still something we have
>> to find a good solution for, I'm afraid. Until then you can either just
>> ignore the qmldump tool, or configure your Qt with "-prefix '.'".
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Kai Koehne
>
> I finally rebuilt Qt with "-prefix '.'" successfully. But when I try to
> rebuild debugging helper, it fails without really giving me any errors.
>
> This is tested with snapshot
> qtcreator-mac-opensource-2.0.91-201010060030. I attached the log.

Hi Stephen,

huh, it seems this time you've been caught by a somewhat optimistic
timeout for building the debugging helpers ... that is, we had hardcoded
somewhere a timeout that is good enough for our fast development
machines, but might break with slower machines.

If I'm right that should be fixed now in 2.1 (commit 2b047a26). Also,
more extensive error output is already being worked on ... To make sure
that's really not a build issue, you should also go to
$QTDIR/qtc-qmldump and run make/nmake there.

Thanks for the time you're spending on this! We really appreciate it :)

Kai

--
Kai Koehne
Software Engineer

Nokia gate5 GmbH
Firmensitz: Invalidenstr. 117, 10115 Berlin, Germany
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, Berlin: HRB 106443 B
Umsatzsteueridentifikationsnummer: DE 812 845 193
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Michael Halbherr, Karim Tähtivuori