On Wednesday 09 March 2011 16:21:04 Michael Douglass wrote:
> I did gitorious it, and did a merge request, but did not file a bug because
> when I had time to your website was unavailable for use.  I specifically
> stated I wasn't opening a
bug because I couldn't get to it.  You rejected my merge because it was based
off of QTDIR -- which you state is the out-of-date way to build things, even
though it's the
ONLY instructions around and available for Mac.

Humm.

I haven’t seen any merge request for ages, so I haven’t been able to reject any
either. Anyway, implementing it with QTDIR is futile, since the building system
doesn’t use
QTDIR anymore. While you can use it to build, internally it isn’t used, but
just converted to real vars.

> I also have another fix in my clone for the Windows side of things where
> someone is having MINGW libraries explicitly loaded if the OS is Windows --
> instead of relying on
the deployment XML file built at the time of compilation.  This breaks things
when it's an MSVC compiled version.  I have created another merge request (#15)
with these two
bug fixes included.  Even though QTDIR is the old style -- it's still the
current style for Mac building in my book

> I really, really, really think that we need to have documented precisely how
> to setup and build the QtJambi distribution files.  I was shocked today when
> you said you use
MINGW, but the released QtJambi files are from VC2008.  It's problematic when
we don't have a consistent build environment that everybody (newcomer and old
contributor)
alike can use.  The project's ability to gain new contributors is inversely
proportional to the difficulty of setting up a build environment.

> I only JUST now got my Windows build to work.  Setting MAKEOPTS=Release
> almost worked -- but then down inside of one of the directories, qmake
> recursed into
subdirectories and my "Release" didn't get passed on.  I could not figure out
how to get the build system to behave at that level, so I copied the
QtDesigner4.lib to
QtDesignerd4.lib -- and it finally built without error.  It's definitely not
optimal, but it built.

You are really welcome to contribute to documentation and other pieces. Really,
I’m trying to keep pieces together, but I can’t handle million different
environments, so I’m
focusing to those I can use.

What you mean with build environment?

I’ll look your merge request later.