2012/5/31 Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>

> This is a heads-up posting that I have updated the QtJambi AWT bridge.
>
> The AWT bridge allows for the mixing of QtJambi/Qt GUI components with
> existing AWT and/or Swing components inside a single application project
> and inside the same windows/widgets and other GUI artifacts within a
> single application.  A kind of seamless integration of UI elements.
>
> AWT/Swing is the defacto GUI standard for Java that all good 3rd party
> GUI components provide an implementation for.  So it is often difficult
> to get a QtJambi version of a 3rd party GUI component.  So this makes it
> possible to buy in the AWT/Swing version and use it directly in your
> QtJambi project.
>
> This project update is currently sitting as a personal gitorious clone at:
>

> https://qt.gitorious.org/~dlmiles/qt-jambi/dlmiles-qtjambi-community-awtbridge
>
> It is expected to be pushed into in the main repository the coming weeks.
>
> About this update:
>   * Built against current qtjambi-community HEAD (commit-id 03a66f3).
>   * Includes a SH and BAT for building the project (with
> notes/instructions inside the scripts, ready both files even if you are
> only interested in 1 OS platform).
>   * Include some basic instructions on deploying it.
>   * Appears to fix reported Bug#180 http://redmine.smar.fi/issues/180
> "Jambi not displaying JFreeChart properly".
>   * Include changes I think appropriate to improve the serviceability of
> the project.
>   * Has been tested on Linux64, Win32 (msvc2010), Win64 (msvc2010).
>
> I could do with some testing on Linux32 as well as MacOSX (start with
> the SH script it may just work as-is).
>
> There is currently no updated binary release, this is expected to take
> place shortly after 4.7.4-beta-4 is released (which at this time is
> expected to be based on qtjambi-community commit-id 03a66f3).
>
> Please reports any bugs, feature enhancements and issues into the bug
> tracker at http://redmine.smar.fi/projects/qtjambi .
>
> Darryl

hi darryl,

i tried to get it running, but hit some obstacles:

1. i have to set some paths. i compile against system QT, so i set QTDIR to
/usr, is that OK?
2. the script doesn’t like to be run in paths with spaces. now i just
circumvented it by eliminating them. lucky me has no spaces in his username!
3. i need jfreechart. no problem, it’s in the AUR.
4. the showstopper: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/home/phil/Dev/qt-jambi/dlmiles-qtjambi-community-awtbridge/build/lib/libcom_trolltech_research_qtjambiawtbridge_generated.so.1:
libjawt.so: File or directory not found

but i added it to my system.library.path (if this is even necessary)!

my current compilation script ($JAVA_HOME is set by my system):
http://paste.kde.org/533198/

thanks for hacking on this,
philipp