HI Frank, and thanks.

So, I'm building using the command "ant". What should I do differently?

-Doug

________________________________
 From: Frank T. Bergmann <fberg...@caltech.edu>
To: doug brann <dorsal_f...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>;
"qt-jambi-interest@qt.nokia.com" <qt-jambi-interest@qt.nokia.com>
Sent: Friday, 12 October 2012 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Qt-jambi-interest] Jambi 4.7 release can't find
com_trolltech_research_qtjambiawtbridge_generated.pri

This is due to you creating a debug build. (And having only Qt 4.7.2 installed
without debug libraries). Simply create a release build and this will go away

Frank

On Oct 12, 2012, at 1:16 PM, doug brann <dorsal_f...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Darryl, thanks for getting back to me.

>I also tried going the other way, and even with your advice on setting up the
>env variables, I have been unable to build qt-jambi 4.7.2_beta against Qt
>4.7.2. Attached is the output. The c:\Qt\4.7.2\lib\QtDesignerd4.lib file
>doesn't exist. There is a c:\Qt\4.7.2\lib\QtDesigner4.lib though. Is there a
>typo somewhere?
>

>________________________________
> From: Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>

 versions).  It should also be just as straight forward to unit test the main
project to gain confidence with the library and then move on to test your
application with it.

>I am interested in feedback if some changes in the current tree broke older
>4.5.x and 4.6.x behaviour.
>

>doug brann wrote:
>> Thanks Frank. The line came from the build.bat script in awtbridge. I
>> think Darryl wrote it. One thing that does look odd though: I couldn't
>> find "test.jar" anywhere. I did find "TestClassFunctionality.jar" in
>> C:\qt-jambi-qtjambi-4_7\java\src\autotest\com\trolltech\autotests. Maybe
>> it moved?
>
>Did you mean test.jar or qtjambi-4.7.4-test.jar ?
>
>The main QtJambi project (speaking about 'qtjambi-community') has 3 main kinds
>of builds:
>
>release => qtjambi-4.7.4.jar
>   This would be optimized and the best to use in production.
>
>debug =>
 qtjambi-4.7.4-debug.jar
>   This would not be optimized and may include additional compiled in support
>that does not greatly impact runtime performance, such as slightly increased
>memory usage compared to 'release'.  C/C++ parts have debug data included.
>
>test => qtjambi-4.7.4-test.jar
>   Same as 'debug' but includes extra compiled in support for performing some
>unit tests that will affect runtime performance. Such things as verbose
>internal accounting and consistency checks.  This build usually has
>DEFINES+=QTJAMBI_DEBUG_TOOLS set.
>

>I am always building 'test' here so that all unit tests work and I get
>additional ability to inspect QtJambi internal workings.  This is why it
>appears in the build.bat.
>

>Simply edit the reference to the JAR in the *.bat to suit the actual file that
>was created when you built QtJambi main project.  Take a look in the top level
>directory and build\ subdir for
 JARs.