 From: Darryl Miles <darryl-mailingli...@netbauds.net>
To: doug brann <dorsal_f...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Frank T. Bergmann <fberg...@caltech.edu>; "qt-jambi-interest@qt.nokia.com"
<qt-jambi-interest@qt.nokia.com>
Sent: Friday, 12 October 2012 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Qt-jambi-interest] Jambi 4.7 release can't find
com_trolltech_research_qtjambiawtbridge_generated.pri

What is the QtJambi tree you are building against and the commit-id ?

I keep seeing reference to: qt-jambi-qtjambi-4_7

Which looks like an old tree that is no longer maintained and all changes
should be included in the qtjambi-community tree.  So a heads up that what you
are tying might be a little uncharted territory.

The main QtJambi tree qtjambi-community should work still work with 4.5.x and
4.6.x (it is still regularly built against older Qt versions).  It should also
be just as straight forward to unit test the main project to gain confidence
with the library and then move on to test your application with it.

I am interested in feedback if some changes in the current tree broke older
4.5.x and 4.6.x behaviour.

doug brann wrote:
> Thanks Frank. The line came from the build.bat script in awtbridge. I
> think Darryl wrote it. One thing that does look odd though: I couldn't
> find "test.jar" anywhere. I did find "TestClassFunctionality.jar" in
> C:\qt-jambi-qtjambi-4_7\java\src\autotest\com\trolltech\autotests. Maybe
> it moved?

Did you mean test.jar or qtjambi-4.7.4-test.jar ?

The main QtJambi project (speaking about 'qtjambi-community') has 3 main kinds
of builds:

release => qtjambi-4.7.4.jar
   This would be optimized and the best to use in production.

debug => qtjambi-4.7.4-debug.jar
   This would not be optimized and may include additional compiled in support
that does not greatly impact runtime performance, such as slightly increased
memory usage compared to 'release'.  C/C++ parts have debug data included.

test => qtjambi-4.7.4-test.jar
   Same as 'debug' but includes extra compiled in support for performing some
unit tests that will affect runtime performance. Such things as verbose
internal accounting and consistency checks.  This build usually has
DEFINES+=QTJAMBI_DEBUG_TOOLS set.

I am always building 'test' here so that all unit tests work and I get
additional ability to inspect QtJambi internal workings.  This is why it
appears in the build.bat.

Simply edit the reference to the JAR in the *.bat to suit the actual file that
was created when you built QtJambi main project.  Take a look in the top level
directory and build\ subdir for JARs.

Note: you should not mix build kinds of the main project, custom widgets and
awtbridge.  They should all be the same type.  This should be the case if you
fixup the *.bat to work

Note: again all information I convey relates to qtjambi-community tree and
never to qt-jambi-qtjambi-4_7.  I can't help you with qt-jambi-qtjambi-4_7
directly.

Darryl