Hi,

On 06/11/2010, at 7:17 AM, ext Tico Ballagas wrote:

I was trying to create a basic QML Webkit + Flickable proof of concept.

import Qt 4.7

import QtWebKit 2.0

Flickable{

    width: 640; height: 480

    contentWidth: webView.width

    contentHeight: webView.height

    WebView {

        id: webView

        preferredWidth: parent.width

        url: 'http://qt.nokia.com'

    }

}

However, this seems to show a checkerboard... until you scroll.  Once you
scroll, the content magically appears.  I've tried this on both Linux and Mac
and get the same result.   What am I doing wrong?

Does it work correctly if you give the Flickable an id, and bind WebView's
preferredWidth to myFlickable.width rather than parent.width? Items added in a
Flickable become a child of the Flickable's contentItem rather than the
Flickable itself, which may be causing the problem (parent.width is binding to
the contentItem's width rather than the Flickable's width).

Regards,
Michael