Two ideas:

You could create a fully opaque Rectangle filling the whole screen with
a centred, smaller Rectangle as child (the real visible dialog). But I
guess opacity is inherited by the child ... maybe the smaller one it
needs to be independent.

Or you create a "global" property in the top Rectangle disabling
(attached to) all Mouseareas in child items (except the dlg's) if the
dialog is visible.

Jan