>> You need to tell the Symbian FBS (font and bitmap server) that it
>> should add your font to the typeface store. You can do that with this
>> bit of code:
>>
>>     TInt id;
>>     CEikonEnv::Static()->ScreenDevice()->AddFile(_L("<path to your
>> font file>"), id);
>
> Looks a bit scary to a Symbian noob like me :) Also I then can't load
> the font from the resource file anymore. Still, if this part is missing
> in Qt, it seems to be a reasonable way.

Don't be afraid the water is warm.. :) Just flag it with Q_OS_SYMBIAN
and #include <eikenv.h> and <w32std.h>

> Thanks a lot for all this information. I'll give it a try as soon as
> possible. BTW, do you know if there is a bug report about this already?
> If not I think I should file one.

I could dig a bit and try to find out where the problem is (I'm sure
it'll get fixed faster that way) and file a report. I remember trying
out the FontLoader on Symbian myself a while ago and it didn't work,
so the problem is probably something else than just embedding the font
into a Qt resource file (I can imagine getting that working might be
hairy).

Juha