I don't care much for trophy hunters. They give hunting a bad image.
Over in Custer State Park SD they have an annual buffalo auction to
cull the herd. Culling keeps the herd down to a managable size (the
park's habitat can only support so many of them). Some buyers take the
animals back to their ranches where they are building their own herds.
I wanted to buy one and make use of all of it. I was even going to make
a medicine cap and buffalo robe, along with other implements made from
the bones. It would have supplied over a years worth of meat. We are
talking about some very healthy lean meat. If anybody passes through
Rapid City SD stop in at the "Firehouse" for the best buffalo burger
around, and their on premises micro-brewery produces some great beer to
add to the eating enjoyment.
Stuntman

> Stunt....i liked your response!!  You know, i don't have prob with
eating
> meat...hell, i hate most vegtables, and eat meat, but i don't like
anything
> that resembles wallowing in the glory of killing an animal.  Kill-to-
eat is
> not killing for the fun of killing...and you know in your heart
there's a
> LOT of hunters there to kill, not eat!!
>
> Native Americans killed, and used every part of the animal  for
> survival...white people came along, and killed hundreds of buffalo
lying on
> the prairie for the helluv it...plus, they knew it would drive the
Natives

--
It's not the fall that hurts.